Genoa Demographics (VIC) Local Stats

Genoa (3891) is a suburb of South Eastern Victoria, Lakes & Wilderness, Victoria. It is about 409 kms from VIC's capital city of Melbourne. Genoa is in the federal electorate of Gippsland.

In the 2011 census the population of Genoa was 171 and is comprised of approximately 49.1% females and 50.9% males.

The median/average age of the population of Genoa is 49 years of age.

78.2% of people living in the suburb of Genoa were born in Australia. The other top responses for country of birth were 3.5% England, 2.9% Netherlands, 2.4% New Zealand, 2.4% United States of America, 2.4% Germany.

94.8% of people living in Genoa speak English only. The other top languages spoken are 5.2% Language spoken at home not stated.

The religious makeup of Genoa is 32.0% No religion, 25.0% Anglican, 8.7% Catholic, 8.1% Religious affiliation not stated, 8.1% Christian, nfd, 5.2% Presbyterian and Reformed, 2.9% Other religious affiliation , 2.3% Buddhism, 2.3% Uniting Church, 1.7% Australian Aboriginal Traditional Religions.

55.8% of people are married, 28.6% have never married and 4.5% are divorced and 4.5% are separated. There are 10 widowed people living in Genoa.

53.1% of the people living in Genoa over the age of 15 and who identify as being in the labour force are employed full time, 35.8% are working on a part time basis. Genoa has an unemployment rate of 3.7%.

The main occupations of people living in Genoa are 35.9% Managers, 19.2% Professionals, 15.4% Technicians & trades workers, 11.5% Community & personal service workers, 6.4% Labourers, 3.8% Machinery operators & drivers, 3.8% Sales workers, 3.8% Clerical & administrative workers.

The main industries people from Genoa work in are 28.7% Education and training, 20.0% Agriculture, forestry and fishing, 18.8% Accommodation and food services, 11.2% Retail trade, 8.8% Other services, 5.0% Construction, 3.8% Information media and telecommunications, 3.8% Transport, postal and warehousing.

52.3% of homes are fully owned, and 19.8% are in the process of being purchased by home loan mortgage. 23.3% of homes are rented.

The median individual income is $381 per week and the median household income is $792 per week.

The median rent in Genoa is $0 per week and the median mortgage repayment is $1111 per month.

Check out FY 2013 Tax Stats for Genoa postcode 3891

  • Qpzm LocalStats Victoria Suburb of the Day: Concongella 3384 -> South Western Victoria -> Victoria